Tuesday 16 November 2010

Second Profile of Emma Burkett

After Posting my first profile on my blog I took the time to look at other peoples profiles that have been posted and thought about what makes a good profile/CV.  I viewed many different formats and types of profiles/CVs and have decided to write a second profile for myself as I felt that each profile is good for different occasions.  As my first profile is very formal I feel it is effective in very professional environments whereas looking at others I have enjoyed the written profiles for a blog environment as they give a more personal touch but still give all the details required in a profile.  So I have now written my profile again trying out a new format.............



My stage name is Emma Campbell, I'm 24 years old and I'm a Musical Theatre Performer.  During the years 2005 - 2008 I attended SLP College, 'Studios La Pointe' in Leeds where I trained in Musical Theatre for 3 years and gained a National Diploma in Professional Musical Theatre.  It was a fantastic and intense 3 years of my life in which I developed and improved many disciplines of performance including Tap, Modern, Jazz, Ballet, Singing and Acting.  I have also learnt many new skills including Pas De Deux, Commercial Dance, Contemporary, Mime and Salsa.  Whilst at college I took my teaching exams for the ISTD Syllabus in Modern and Tap. 
During college I was involved in many productions including 'Tribute', 'Gotta Dance' and 'Thats Entertainment'.  I was also picked to represent my college at 'Move It' in London.  In 2008 I performed on London's West End in my showcase in which I was a featured soloist and dancer.  

After graduating from college I have worked in a variety of jobs.  I have worked as a dancer and performer within 'Dancing Divas' dance troupe touring across the country performing at different events and venues.  I enjoyed this employment as there was always a variety to each performance and a change in styles. 

For the last 2 years I have been a member of 'Phoenix' agency and have had many roles working on TV programmes such as Casualty, Doctors and Lewis.    I have thoroughly enjoyed many filming sessions I have worked on and it has given me a greater love for acting. 

Over Christmas in 2009 I played the villainous Dame in 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears'.  I performed on tour with Chaplins Productions.  I really enjoyed playing the villain in Panto as there is great depth that can be explored within a villain and I felt I could really develop the character and make it my own.  With my success in Pantomime last year I have been invited back by Chaplins Pantos this year to perform for them again on an extended tour in their production of 'Little Red Riding Hood'.  I start rehearsals this Friday and I'm really looking forward to the next challenge in my career. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emma,

    I prefer this version of your professional profile. I think the C.V looking version would be great if you want an instant impression of your experience and background, used in situations like auditions, however the profile version is much more personal and i think i get a better feel for what you have done. Glad you found the hyperlinks useful, i think your comment on my blog was spot on and i think they add a different and more interesting perspective to an online professional profile.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma

    I have just read your second profile and I really felt that I know more about you as a performer now.Sometimes a CV can lack that personal touch thats can leave a lasting impression to a casting professional.Its great to hear your enthusiasm as a performer. I really like your use of hyperlinks aswell I thought it is a great idea I haven't used them yet but I can see how effective they are so you have inspired me to include them in my blogs!

    ReplyDelete