Friday 11 May 2012

My proposed award title and rationale

The award I seek as a result of doing this programme is BA (Hons) Professional Practice in Dance within Education. 


The majority of my own skills and knowledge are mainly based in the Dance subject of my award title, with what I learnt during my time at dance school on a 3 year Musical Theatre course.  This knowledge I later expanded on during my career as a performer.  Now with my interest to take my experiences and knowledge of dance and pass on in the world of teaching I want to consider the effects dance has on children within the education system as it is a part of their curriculum.  With recent experience I have gained in teaching I would like to look further into the depths of dance within schools, considering the advantages and disadvantages to children.  I would also like to look at how it has developed and could possibly develop further.  Hopefully this will expand my knowledge within education and make me a stronger teacher, and provide further information for teachers who have not studied dance as a core subject



Please let me know what you think, and I was wondering do I need to add to it at all and make it longer, or does it cover what it needs to cover!?

No comments:

Post a Comment